Aer Arann introduces new baggage policy
As of today, all flights booked with Aer Arann will be subject to the following baggage charges :
- All Flights - Cabin baggage allowance 7Kgs. FREE. Cabin bags must comply with size restrictions.
- Domestic Flights – Checked baggage allowance 15Kgs. FREE. Domestic flights include all flights within the island of Ireland
- UK and France Flights – Checked baggage allowance 20Kgs. New charge per bag €8 or £8 if booked online or through the Aer Arann call centre. Checked baggage booked on arrival at the departure airport will incur a fee of €12/£12 per bag per flight.
- Isle of Man / London City Route – Checked baggage allowance 20Kgs. FREE. No change to policy.
- Domestic Connecting Baggage – For domestic passengers connecting to or from international carriers, Aer Arann will continue to honour the baggage allowance of their connecting airline provided they present their onward itinerary at check-in. FREE.
A fee of €7/£7 per kilo will be charged to all luggage exceeding the new luggage allowance on all flights.
The changes to the airline’s baggage policy have been implemented following a review of the carrier’s customer behaviour which found that passengers on the longer sectors ie UK and France required higher allowances than those on domestic flights.