Boeing deliveries & news - Week of 4APR10
A bit of a slow week for deliveries, but not for test flights.
Boeing Seattle (BFI):
- 6APR10 - American N832NN (cn 33521/3228), a 737-823.
- 6APR10 - Norwegian Air Shuttle LN-DYD (cn 39002/3231), a 737-8JP.
- 9APR10 - American N833NN (cn 31093/3236), a 737-823.
Boeing Everett (PAE):
- 6APR10 - UPS N338UP (cn 37944/988), a 767-34AERF.
- 8APR10 - Qatar Airways A7-BAK (cn 36097/859), a 777-3DZER.
Early this morning, the first P-8A Poseidon (cn 34394/2599) flew non stop from Boeing Field to Naval Air Station Patuxent River in Maryland. The plane left flying with the callsign "SCORE 85" and was cleared to FL230. The plane, referred to as T-1 in the flight test programme, was preliminarily delivered to the US Navy the same day as it's first flight, which was on 25 April 2009. T-1 flew a few test flights in October 2009 before entering five months of ground vibrations testing of externally mounted weapons. T-1 flew four test flights earlier this week before today's ferry flight to Pax River where it will under go further flight tests by the US Navy.