One of Canada’s online travel agencies, is taking another step towards helping travellers get the best deals on flights, giving them insider tips on how to book cheap flights with Canada’s top airlines.
Flight Network already offers great savings on airline tickets, and backs up its cheap flight offers with a Lowest Fare Guarantee. This means that if a customer finds cheaper tickets for the same flight elsewhere, Flight Network will beat it by $10. In addition, every flight booked through FlightNetwork.com is covered by a Price Drop Protection. If the price of a flight drops after a passenger has booked, Flight Network customers can receive the difference towards a future trip or insurance purchase and get the cheaper fare.
The agency has built up an extensive knowledge base in getting the best fares to destinations across the world. This travel expertise is a result of active working relationships with over 1,000 airlines across the world, including major Canadian airlines like Air Canada, WestJet, Sunwing, and Porter Airlines.
Of these, Air Canada has the widest flight network and flies to cities across Canada, the US, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Africa, and the Middle East. Air Canada’s codeshare agreements with many international airlines makes it convenient to accumulate frequent flyer miles even if you mix and match airlines on your travels. The airline’s frequent ‘Seat Sales’ also make international flights, in particular, much cheaper and affordable.
WestJet has flights to a wide range of destinations in Canada and the US and is also a great option for passengers looking for cheap flights on full-service airlines to Caribbean and South American destinations. WestJet has frequent services to St. Lucia, St. Maarten, Mexico, Cuba, The Bahamas, Barbados, Jamaica, and more.
Sunwing offers a mix of schedule and charter services and increases its flights to sun destinations in the Caribbean, South and Central America, and more recently, Europe. By operating a smaller fleet and flying seasonal routes, Sunwing is able to offer passengers discount flights to popular holiday destinations, and is a safe bet for those looking to book cheap last minute flights.
Porter’s routes are concentrated in southeast Canada between Thunder Bay and St. John’s, with its main hub in Toronto. Porter also flies to some destinations in the U.S. like Myrtle Beach, New York Boston, and Chicago. Despite a limited number of routes and destinations, Porter is rated as a SkyTrax 4-star airline this is expected to grow to its network in the near future.
No matter which of these airlines suits a passenger’s travel needs, Flight Network suggests the following tips for booking cheap flights:
1. Subscribe to the airlines’ newsletters, Facebook accounts, or Twitter feeds, which announce flash discounts or limited-time offers on cheap flights. Get in the know the minute these are out and move ahead in the race to book those limited seats on the cheapest flights.
2. The more flexible you can be with your travel dates and departure airports, the better your chances of getting great fares. Sometimes, flying to an airport slightly outside of the city, or taking the late night flight instead of the afternoon one will let you save hundreds of dollars on fares.
3. If you want to land cheap flights at the last minute, the odds of getting several tickets for the same fare for a whole group of friends are low. Instead, you may have to book tickets individually, and quickly, in order to get cheap flights for everyone.
4. Bundling your flights with a hotel or B&B may save you some cash overall. There’s no point in getting a great airfare and then paying a fortune for an independently-booked hotel room (that you probably won’t be spending all that much time in anyway).
5. This is common knowledge, but pay heed anyway – booking off-peak will cut down the $$’s on your fares. When the kids are back in school, prices drop and your chances are higher for getting cheap flights to the same destination you couldn’t afford two weeks ago Pre-winter, Post-summer, Post-winter; these are the catchwords for cheap last minute flights.
6. Last but not least (and this is more of some ‘friendly advice’ than a travel tip), always, always, always double check your booking. The last thing you want to do is get a cheap last minute flight, pat yourself on the back, and then find out that you’re flying to Liberia, Africa instead of Liberia, Costa Rica.
Follow these simple tips and booking flights on Canada’s top airlines will become easier, and cheaper.
Elizabeth Brennon, News Junky Journal
Mon, Nov 28 2011 11:20 AM
| Report Abuse