A nice Airshow was held also this year again on former Swiss Air Force's Base Mollis - in use with F-5 E/F Tiger II 'till 1998, later for Helicopters.
How do you know that you are there ? Easy - quite a lot of very intriguing architectonic masterpieces where based in the area - but please do not say it
Mollis is located on the right side of the Linth valley, in the middle inbetween Zurich and Chur. It includes the area from the Linth Canal and Walensee to the Schlattbach in the Netstal and consists of the village of Mollis and the hamlets of Beglingen on the Kerenzerberg and the alpine settlement of Mullern. Nearby can be found a thrust fault that was declared a geologic UNESCO world heritage site, under the name Swiss Tectonic Arena Sardona, in 2008.
With so many mountains around the airfield, Mollis is destined for some Air-to-Air photography 'Grimmi Style'
Nearly everything on this picture was used by the Swiss Air Force - beginning from the left:
- Hawker Hunter T68 J-4206 in Tiger livery, belonging to the Flying Museum in Altenrhein as HB-RVV
- GMC-truck (yellow), used by the fire brigade on Swiss military airfields 'till the millennium years. This car was used to save the pilot out of the aircraft.
- FBW-truck (olive) for fuel, used 'till 2010 on some bases. FBW stays for Franz Brozincevic Wetzikon, see also http://www.fbw.ch
- Pilatus PC-7 training aircraft A-907, belonging to the Flying Museum in Altenrhein as T7-FMA
and in use of the Swiss Air Force in this livery 'till 2006.
- Junkers JU-52 / 3mg4e HB-HOP, former A-703, in use by Swiss Air Force 'till 1981.
- Hawker Hunter F58 J-4086 in Patrouille Suisse livery,
belonging to the Flying Museum in Altenrhein as HB-RVU
- De Havilland DH-115 Vampire T55 U-1208, belonging to the Flying Museum in Altenrhein as HB-RVF
All of Swiss Air Force's Display Teams where present - PC-7 Team, Super Puma Display Team, Hornet Display and Patrouille Suisse
Patrouille Suisse in BIG
For the second time I had the possibility to use Nikon's new D5100 DSLR, and again I made a film in HD
Due the temporary closure of Emmen and Meiringen during summer, nearly all available aircrafts are now in Payerne. I had the chance to test Nikon's new D5100 DSLR, amazing what this little body can do
Filmed in HD
I can proudly present the Swiss Air Force's PC-7 Team in the new coloration - welcome to 'The golden PC-7 Team'
Ha - Got'ya
It's of course no new coloration in memory of Col Gaddaffi's Gold in our Banks - but due the late evening display over the lake of Murten we had some very special effects to enjoy
Link Wake & Jam