For information or feedback regarding JP Airline Fleets 2013-14 place your post here.
I have to admit that edition 2013/2014 is my first book since 2010/2011. However, I was very much looking forward to updated information regarding airlines, their fleets and color schemes. Unfortunately, I have to share the disappointment that has been pointed out by some other readers already. Having an immediate overview about color schemes of an airline (especially being able to find out which special color schemes I still need to photograph) was always a great pleasure. JP Airline Fleets always used to make a great hobby even greater. I am very much missing this information and I sincerely hope that you will reconsider your decision to drop them.
Just two examples from Russia where this information would have been essential:
I also cannot understand why Flightglobal obviously dropped the information about former names of an airline. The information was already existing and would have just needed to be carried over to the new edition. Again some examples from Russia:
Having the link between Airlines under old and new names is essential if someone likes to investigate the history of aviation.
Another information that I am missing is to know where an aircraft is stored. This information could also be carried over in many cases. An aircraft that is stored in VCV or IGM will most probably stay there and once it has been scrapped it should be deleted. With this information, an enthusiast has at least a last chance to travel to an airport to see an aircraft that might soon be gone.
I just returned from Florida where I had the chance to see a DC-3 departing. Having to look up the year of manufacturing from my 2010/11 edition was also not what I have expected when I ordered my new book. As mentioned by other readers, a fleet list without pistons can never be complete.
Please bring the JP back to the level where it was in 2010/11. I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I cannot buy it again since the information is by far not complete anymore and therefore quite useless. Sorry.
1. Minimum weight for aircraft previously was 3000lbs, now, piston powered Beavers ore out, while lighter weight Turbo-Beavers are included.
2. Ju-Air which flies pisto powered JU-52's on "scheduled" flights are excluded.
3. Most airline main operating bases/home base are missing.
4. Some Biz-jet only operators have been removed, even though the same equipment is included elsewhere in the JP.
5. Details of airliner special colour schemes are no longer included.
6. Most test registrations are now absent.
7. Airliner storage details are now absent.
8. Storage site details are absent - even though they were a new feature in the last editon of JP.
9. HEX codes have been removed as "they can now be found on the Gatwick Aviation Society website".
10. "Column widths have beeen increased" - with a significant reduction of information.
11. British Airways A.380's registrations not included, even though they have been allocated.
12. "Remarks field has long been a source of frustration" - "Feedback SPORADIC" - Maybe people were happy as it was!
13. "OUR GOAL - To supply premium fleet data" - Most of the useful information HAS BEEN REMOVED!!!!!!!!
After buying the JP every year for the last 28 years - I will NOT be buying it again - The price keeps goes up - the amount of information drops. I now feel robbed or cheated, I'm not sure which.
Your first point :- Piston engined Beavers and Otters are not included, whilst turbo-prop ones are. The 4 Swiss operated JU.52's are not listed, and like Buffalo Airways they are run by a passenger carrying airline !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Point 2. A separate column for fleet numbers AND Special colourschemes. And at the same time Previous registration or Test Reg as applicable.
Point 3. No aircraft names and no Mode 'S' Hex codes - This does look like a "lets save JP some more money" scheme. When we are paying a lot for the information already - Why are we getting LESS?????????
Point 4. No nominal base of operations. WHY ? The adresses shown in the heading can be misleading.
Point 5. I don't really care which direction the text is justified - I just don't want to pay for EMPTY SPACE or NO INFORMATION.
JP's "goal" (or the new owners) is to "SUPPLY PREMIUM FLEET DATA" Most useful information is missing! " The remarks field has long been a source of frustration - with feedback being SPORADIC" is on the first page of the JP. Maybe most people were happy with the way it WAS !!!!
This is my third attempt at using this FEEDBACK FORUM and my last post is missing. I also note that no-one has bothered using it since July ..............................................................................................................................................................
Being that the price of the issue 2013-2014 didn't go down, I feel cheated by not having the aircraft names listed in the remarks. Epic failure in FlightGlobal's part. I've purchased quality issues in the past, and this one will be my last unless the unfounded changes are corrected.