1. Concorde - beauty with form following function. Comes from a golden age of fast jets but in contrast to all others of that era, a practical to operate and plausible to fly by mortals aeroplane. An extraordinary achievement in any era.
2. B747: the great imaginative leap which transformed mass air transport. Still looks majestic in contrast to the stumpy inelegant A380. Will always remain THE Jumbo Jet.
3. C172: flying for everyman, safe, easy and amazingly capable after 50 years of development.
4. Piper Cub: the only sure way back to the roots of flying.
5. SIAI Marchetti SF260: beauty, magnificent handling, quintessentially Italian.