A Taiwanese newspaper (UDN)
on 26SEP07 reports that Northwest Airlines is facing possible
disciplinary action by the FAA for a female passenger still sleeping on the
plane after the plane landed and everyone got off.
Incident occurred over the weekend on NW KIX to TPE. The boyfriend
didn't realize his girlfriend was still on the plane sleeping until he
It appeared to be the colour of NW's seats and blankets were identically dark blue, the F/A didn't even noticed it.
Because the "negligence" of the flight attendant responsible for the
area, all 13 crews are forced to write a detailed report of the
incident and facing disciplinary action altogether.
According to FAA, such incident is considered a violation and risk-posing to the safety of a commercial airliner.
However, after the report was published, this particular female passenger responded on to the newspaper's website:
1. I woke up on my own, and I saw ground handling staff cleaning the plane
2. The flight was delayed due to mechanical reason, taxiing
back-and-forth for about 2hrs. The flight attendants even had a good
time chatting with the passengers. They looked a bit unprofessional to
3. I didn't sleep at the last row, but rather the 3rd or 4th last (note: if that's the case then isn't it a major negligence?)
4. My boyfriend was waiting for me at the gate, he asked the flight
attendants who were last to leave the plane twice, they responded "it's
impossible (passenger still on the plane)"
5. There weren't any supervisory level personnel came to respond to
this case. The ground handling staff and police commented that's
bizarre. My boyfriend wasn't mad, bad only wrote a complaint to the
airline, but didn't ask for compensation, because it's also partially
(excuse for my rough translation)