Continental Aircraft Engines
In 1940, Continental Motors Corporation formed Continental Aviation and Engineering (CAE) to develop and produce aircraft engines of over 500 hp.It begins development of turbine engines during the 1940s, but none entered production. From the 1950s-1970s, CAE built a licensed version of the Turbomeca Marboré as the Teledyne CAE J69. In 1969, Teledyne Incorporated acquired Continental Motors Corporation, which became Teledyne Continental Motors (TCM). CAE was renamed Teledyne CAE, headquartered in Toledo, Ohio After the 1999 sale of Teledyne Ryan Aeronautical to Northrop Grumman, and the subsequent spin-off of Teledyne Technologies Inc. by Allegheny Teledyne in November that year, Teledyne CAE was renamed Teledyne Turbine Engines. In the next decade, it was placed under Teledyne Continental Motors as its Turbine Engines division.