Fokker F.VII's massive wing at the Aviodrome
This image shows the vast size and thickness of the wing of the Fokker F.VIIa, the hugely succesfull 1920s design of the Dutch manufacturer. This particular aircraft, with c/n 5054) is one of only a few surviving original aircraft of this type. It was first delivered to Swiss Balair as CH-158 and was later sold to Danish airline DDL as OY-ASE. It went back to the Netherlands under its own power in the 1950s and arrived at Schiphol Amsterdam airport on 30 December 1955. It was still performing at airshows in 1959, after which it went to the aviation museum that was located at at Schiphol airport at the time. Plans to restore it to airworthiness condition in the 1980s fell through. It is now on display at the Aviodrome museum at Lelsytad airport in The Netherlands (EHLE) and painted to resemble H-NADP, the second aircraft to fly from the Netherlands to the former Dutch colony of the East-Indies (now Indonesia) in the 1920s.
The new owner of the Aviodrome, which emerged from bankruptcy in april 2012, also owns a car museum in The Netherlands, hence the early last century cars and motorcycles surrounding the aircraft.
Related images in this EnoAeroPics gallery:
See more aircraft of the Aviodrome museum
See the most recent EnoAeroPics images on Flightglobal/AirSpace here
See all EnoAeroPics images on Flightglobal/AirSpace here