Fokker F27 Friendship PH-FHF at Lelystad 28092005
Filed under: Netherlands, Fokker, Lelystad, Aviodrome, Aer Lingus, Air New Zealand, EI-AKA, Friendship, NLM, PH-FHF, VH-NLS, ZK-NAH, F27
Fokker F27 Mark 100 Friendship c/n 10105 PH-FHF "Anthony G. Fokker" on the platform of the Aviodrome museum at Lelystad airport in The Netherlands (EHLE) on 28 September 2005. The aircraft was the first production Friendship. It made its first flight on 23 May 1958 and went to launch customer Aer Lingus as EI-AKA."St. Fintan" on 19 November of the same year. In 1966 it went as ZK-NAH "Kawatere" to the National Airways Corporation (NAC) in New Zealand (which merged with Air New Zealand in 1978) before it was acquired by Aircruising Australia as VH-NLS in 1984. In 2004 the aircraft was bought by the Dutch Fokker Heritage Flight, which used it for sightseeing flights before the airworthiness certificate was withdrawn on 13 March 2008. The aircraft is now exhibited at the Aviodrome Museum (National Aviation Theme Park Aviodrome) at Lelystad airport. The aircraft stands in front of the 1:1 replica of the first terminal building of Schiphol airport (built in 1928) on the premises of the Aviodrome at Lelystad airport. PH-FHF is painted in the color scheme of NLM ("Nederlandse Luchtvaart Maatschappij", or, in English: Netherlands Airline Company), the predecessor of KLM Cityhopper. It is named after the founder of the now defunct Fokker aircraft factory, Anthony Herman Gerard Fokker. Behind the Friendship is visible the Dutch Connie (a 749) in historic KLM colors and with the fictitious registration PH-FLE, of which more images have been uploaded to this EnoAeroPics gallery.