The Fokker Four display team in action with its Fokker S.11.1 Instructors over Volkel Air Base in The Netherlands (EHVK) during the Open Days of the RNLAF on 15 June 2013. The aircraft are painted in their original Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF) livery, but are now all on the Dutch civil register, with their civilian registration painted in small letters under the tail. E-29 c/n 6272, with civil registration PH-HOK, served with the RNLAF from 1952 to 1973. E-27 c/n 6270 PH-HOL was operated by the Dutch air force from 1952 to 1973. In 1974 E-27 went to a private owner as PH-HOL, but its Certificate of Airworthiness expired in 1980. However, in 1982 the organization which later became the Fokker Four foundation bought it and restored it to airworthiness standard. E-14 c/n 6205 PH-AFS was operated by he Dutch air force from 1950 until 1970 and served as a practice object at the Anthony Fokker Technical College in The Hague, before it returned to the air as PH-AFS in 1985. E-39 c/n 6275 PH-HOG was used from 1952 to 154 as a demonstrator with Fairchild in the U.S., before being delivered as the last S.11 to the Dutch air force. On 26 January 1970 it was transferred to the Dutch Navy with registration 199. The Navy phased it out on 28 August 1973. It entered the Dutch civil register as PH-HOG on 1 July 1970. After an accident in 1977 it was rebuiilt using parts of Fokker S.11 E-4 c/n 6193 and since 21 August 1981 it flies happily around again. The Fokker Four team has its home base at Lelystad airport (EHLE) and uses the T2 hangar of the Aviodrome museum at the airport for maintenance and storage..
Related links in this EnoAeroPics media gallery:
More images of Fokker S.11s
See more images of the RNLAF Open Days 2013
See more aircraft at the Aviodrome museum at EHLE
The website of the Fokker Four foundation (Dutch language only)