B-25J Mitchell "Old Glory" at the California Capital Air Show.
Its long history
Serial #: 44-28938
Construction #: 108-33263
Civilian Registration: N7946C
Model(s): B-25J TB-25N
Name: Old Glory
- Built at North American's Fairfax Plant in Kansas City.
- Delivered to the USAAF as 44-28938.
- BOC: Aug. 1944.
- SOC: 1958.
- Assigned to 12th AF/57th BW/310th BG.
-- Based in Mediterranean.
- Returned to United States in July 1945.
- Converted to TB-25N.
- Sold for $2,018.50.
- P.J. Murray, Oxnard, CA, Jan. 18, 1958.
- Registered as N7946C.
- Wenatchee Air Service Inc, Wenatchee, WA, 1963.
- Converted into firebomber.
- Fitted with 1,200 gallon tank in bomb bay.
- Red Dodge Aviation Inc, Anchorage, AK, 1969-1972.
- Flew as tanker #4.
- John L. Dewey, El Segundo, CA, June 1975.
- Ressell deFrancesco & John Cahill, Cardiff, CA, July 1975.
- Yolanda Rodriguez, Tucson, AZ, Apr. 1977-1978.
- Restored to military configuration.
- Max Power Inc, Carlsbad, CA, Oct. 1978.
- James D. Ricketts/Aero Nostalgia Inc, Stockton, CA, 1982-1993.
- Flew as 428938/9C/Dream Lover.
- Damaged in forced landing accident, near Reno, NV, 1987.
- Trucked to Stockton, 1987.
- Stored dismantled.
- World Jet Inc, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Dec. 1993.
- Russ & Don Newman/Old Glory Inc, Tulsa OK, 1993-2002.
- Delivered by road.
- Underwent 18,000 hour restoration.
- First flight Sept 16, 1995.
- Flown as "Old Glory".
- John Ward, Stockton, CA, 2003 - now.
More Photos from the California Capital Air Show
Flyvertosset's Aviation Blog