Supermarine Spitfire LF.XVI at Roskilde Air Show 2011.
This aircraft (RW386) arrived at 50 Maintenance Unit at Skellingthorpe in 1952 she was downgraded to an instructional airframe and transferring to Honington soon afterwards. She was used by No.1 School of Technical Training at RAF Halton from August 1957 who repainted her to her 604 Squadron markings. She remained at Halton until 1982 until it was exchanged for a replica Sopwith Pup which went to Hendon museum.
She was acquired by Historic Flying Ltd. with a lengthy restoration at Audley End and repainted to its original 604 Squadron markings. She made her first post-restoration flight at Duxford by Lee Proudfoot on March 2, 2007.
RW386 was sold to the Swedish company BILTEMA on the 7th of May 2007 and arrived in Sweden on May 30, 2007.
Roskilde Air Show 2011
Canadian Aviation Blog