Fairey Firefly nose at the 2013 Hamilton ON Airshow.
This Firefly was built in 1951 and first served with the Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve, at Ford, UK. Later, it was transferred to the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) in 1953. It was retired from the RAN in 1960 and ended up in a museum in New South Wales, Australia. The Museum purchased it from them in 1979. Although a Mk.VI, it has been restored in the colours and markings of a RCN No. 825 Squadron Firefly Mk. V operating from HMCS Magnificent in 1949-50.
More Photos from 2013 Hamilton ON Airshow
Flyvertosset's Aviation Blog