Waco AQC-6 at the Canadian Museum of Flight, Langley Airport BC.
The Waco Aircraft Company of Troy, Ohio was a major manufacturer of aircraft in the U. S. from 1928 - 1935. Beginning in 1921 as the Weaver Aircraft Company they moved to Troy in 1924 and became the Advance Aircraft Company keeping the Waco logo. From 1929 they changed the name to the Waco Aircraft Company. The Waco (wah-co) series of four-seat cabin biplanes were initiated in 1931 and were produced continuously in progressively refined models until 1939.
Purchased new by the Department of National Defence, Ottawa, it was operated by the Department of Transport until 1949, when it was moved out to the British Columbia coast. It was then operated by B.C. Airlines, followed by a logging company.
Dr. Jack Pickup of Alert Bay was the next owner, who acquired the airplane in 1953 and routinely used it as a "flying doctor" float plane. During its long career it suffered several landing accidents.
The Waco was donated to the Canadian Museum of Flight in 1980 by Dr. Pickup. Although the aircraft was donated on floats, it is now operated on wheels. The first test flight in over 30 years was carried out on February 13th, 2002 after a twenty-year restoration by volunteers at the Canadian Museum of Flight.
The Canadian Museum of Flight
Canadian Aviation Blog