Waco AQC-6 displaying itself proudly at the Boundary Bay Airport, CZBB, the Waco belongs to the Canadian Museum of Flight.
This aircraft was manufactured in 1937 at Troy, Ohio as a ZQC-6 model (285 hp Jacobs L-5MB engine) but was converted to an AQC-6 (330 hp Jacobs L-6MB) in 1947
The Waco Aircraft Company of Troy, Ohio was a major manufacturer of aircraft in the U. S. from 1928 - 1935. Beginning in 1921 as the Weaver Aircraft Company they moved to Troy in 1924 and became the Advance Aircraft Company keeping the Waco logo. From 1929 they changed the name to the Waco Aircraft Company. The Waco (wah-co) series of four-seat cabin biplanes were initiated in 1931 and were produced continuously in progressively refined models until 1939.
See all Flyvertosset's photos from the Boundary Bay Airshow
Canadian Aviation Blog