The R4D-6S Bu.No. 50783 was built in October 1944, at Douglas Aircraft's Oklahoma City plant. She was one in a group of 35 C-47B-l0-DK'"s [the full USAAF designation] which were converted on the production line to the Navy's R4D-6 specification. She was accepted by the Navy on October 1944 and assigned to Naval Air Transport Squadron Three (VR-3), headquartered at the Olathe, Kansas Naval Air Station on October 25th 1944. Belongs to the Commemorative Air Force,seen here at Airsho, Midland Texas.