For watchers of airlines and their social media policy, here are a couple of interesting pieces I have stumbled across online about European budget carriers easyJet and Ryanair, and their different approaches to social media.
Archive | March, 2010
China Airlines launches its first direct service to London
Twenty-four hours since this story broke and no sign yet of the obvious gag? Dear me.
In a classic demonstration of the Streisand Effect – the spectacular backfiring of censorship that generates publicity far in excess of original fears - an attempt to gag South African carrier Kulula’s don’t-mention-the-Cup posters has simply spurred it to prod the sleeping dragon again, but this time with a bigger stick. Kulula has been banned […]
Hot Tub Time Machine isn’t the only outlet celebrating the, ahem, charm of the 1980s. US Regionals are heralding some old school tactics as well. For months talk has centered on a transition from current fee for departure contracts that are the mainstay between US regionals and their mainline partners to more pro-rate deals that were prevalent […]
Imagine the scene. You’re a BA passenger, a bit cheesed off by the strike, but your flight is apparently operating. So you turn up at Gatwick only to find your BA flight flying in Ryanair colours. Yep, Ryanair has been helping BA with capacity during their cabin crew strike, providing them with three aircraft which operated […]
Lufthansa is claiming a new lounge first at Munich, and I like the idea of this one, with the creation of a Munich beer garden at the airport.
Here’s a pretty cool little innovation that’s popped up at Helsinki Airport; a wireless phone recharger device which passengers can use to recharge their mobile phone while having a coffee at the airport waiting for their flight
The great and the good of the travel industry met for the annual ITB Berlin travel trade show last week.
Cookies & Privacy
- American nearly halfway through repainting its fleet
- PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Northwest’s route map to JetBlue’s growth at National
- REVIEW: ‘American Airlines, US Airways and the Creation of the World’s Largest Airline’
- America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- MichaelM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- N830MH on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- NikolasM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Ruben on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- Sol Alba Nunez on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion