Earlier this week, Virgin Atlantic launched services between London Heathrow and Ghana. Before the inaugural flight took off, I caught up with Virgin Atlantic president Richard Branson to discuss his African strategy and Virgin’s prospects for consolidation.
Archive | May, 2010
Yesterday a newsletter arrived in my inbox from Iceland Express and, for the second month running, their quirky and entertaining style made me laugh. This is why: Here’s an extract from their latest update: No Icelandic Word for Please Learning Icelandic is like getting a tattoo on your bum. It’s time consuming, painful and you rarely […]
Seriously, this was one of the announcements on my eventful Virgin Atlantic flight last night. Flight VS658 was Virgin’s inaugural flight from Accra, Ghana to London Heathrow. The celebratory trip was a glitzy affair and the front end of the aircraft was packed with journalists and members of Virgin’s PR and management team (Richard […]
Flightglobal was at the Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg last week putting together three daily papers giving all the news and flavour from the show. You can read the papers online by following the links below.
Ryanair, as previously speculated, has today announced plans for a base at the Spanish airport. It is to base five aircraft and operate 20 routes from El Prat as of September this year.
Virgin Atlantic has touched down in Ghana for the first time, launching its new thrice-weekly service between London Heathrow and Accra in a timely fashion just days after the apparent demise of Ghana International Airlines. Fresh in from a screening of the new Harry Potter film at Universal Studios in the States, Virgin Atlantic […]
SEPLA Spanair members to strike for half an hour
Emirates president Tim Clark was at the Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg last week, fresh from the Middle East carrier revealing a five-fold increase in profits for its financial year just ended
British Airways strikes rumble on
This month for the June issue of Airline Business I interviewed Vueling chief executive Alex Cruz for our cover interview. It was an interesting time to catch up with Cruz, nearly a year a since Vueling merged with the fellow Barcelona budget carrier Clickair
Cookies & Privacy
- SkyWest Brasilias fly out of US regional fleets and into history
- American nearly halfway through repainting its fleet
- PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Northwest’s route map to JetBlue’s growth at National
- REVIEW: ‘American Airlines, US Airways and the Creation of the World’s Largest Airline’
- MichaelM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- N830MH on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- NikolasM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Ruben on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- Sol Alba Nunez on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion