it suggests why not give passengers the option to buy a ticket where the final fare would be tied to the price of aviation fuel. If the fuel cost rises you pay more, if it falls, you get money back.
Archive | March, 2011
Mark Pilling’s third and final travelogue from his United States road trip
We’re here in Austin for Network USA and today we heard a kickoff speech from the city’s mayor and former Delta pilot Lee Leffingwell, who offered a hint to city’s aspirations of obtaining international service. Highlighting the 12,248ft main runway at Austin-Bergstrom Internatioanl airport Leffingwell says it’s ideal for intertional flights from carrier’s using some […]
Airline Business publisher Mark Pilling continues his travelogue as he makes his way around the United States
One minor disadvantage of certain turboprop designs is that, on those rare occasions that a wheel falls off, it happens in front of an audience of fare-paying passengers with mobile phone cameras and Twitter accounts. Wouldn’t happen on a Fokker 70.
On the road with Airline Business publisher Mark Pilling as he recounts his experiences at various US airports
Just recently I caught up with Dirk Albrecht, who is the partner in charge of Roland Berger’s aviation practice. I spoke with Dirk to get some input into our recent feature about whether the hub and spoke model is broken. He gave me some fantastic insights about airline decision making, but not all of […]
ACI Europe director general Olivier Jankovec says that security comprised around 5-8% of European airport operating costs prior to the 9/11 terror attacks.
Here’s some rough footage from my smartphone of a bit of the Lufthansa A380, which touched down at JFK on Monday.
Cookies & Privacy
- American nearly halfway through repainting its fleet
- PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Northwest’s route map to JetBlue’s growth at National
- REVIEW: ‘American Airlines, US Airways and the Creation of the World’s Largest Airline’
- America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- MichaelM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- N830MH on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- NikolasM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Ruben on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- Sol Alba Nunez on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion