With dim prospects, Sun Country files for bankruptcy, following Aloha, ATA, Skybus and Frontier.
About David Field
Author Archive | David Field
Landing slot dispute in New York centres on auctions
Delta pilots nix Northwest combination
The week sees Southwest struggle to save its good name
The FAA seeks a record safety fine from Southwest, but Capitol Hill’s ‘Mr. Aviation’ isn’t happy. Neither are the Republicans.
Left Field has the latest from Network2008
Delta Air Lines’ top two executives say thay have yet to find an ideal deal, including the much-discussed combination with Northwest. Northwest also lays out its principles.
United takes a big step to make bags pay their way, and others react. But there’s a serious issue here, too, as airlines seek new ways to ‘unbundle’ their offerings.
Airline Business blogger moves to Left field
Out in Las Vegas, Barry Michaels has an ambitous airline plan- and a chequered past.
Cookies & Privacy
- Edward Russell on PICTURE: American’s US Airways hybrid heritage livery
- John on PICTURE: American’s US Airways hybrid heritage livery
- Gene Eisman on Eastern’s first 737-800 shows its colours
- JohnC on BA superjumbo launches at Washington Dulles
- Infrequent PAX on Knee Defender touches off a reclining debate