It’s been a good start to the year for Emirates Airline president Tim Clark after he was knighted in this year’s UK New Year honours. (Picture: Billypix.com) In recognising Clark for the honour, he is described as an “outstanding British business leader and premier airline strategist” who has opened up UK/UAE business opportunities. It follows […]
Archive | Personalities RSS feed for this section
The transition in management at UK regional carrier Flybe has now been completed after the Exeter-based carrier named Simon Laffin as its new non-executive chairman in succession to Jim French, who steps down after a 23-year career at Flybe. I first interviewed Jim French in a portacabin at the airline’s Exeter home back in the […]
Airline Strategy Awards
Turkish Airlines, Temel Kotil
If you only know Michael O’Leary from his cost-control obsessed side running low-cost carrier giant Ryanair, this might be a side to him you are less used to seeing. The horse-racing mad airline boss this weekend donated €200,000 to the fund set up for injured jockey JT McNamara – who suffered serious neck injuries after a fall at the recent Cheltenham Festival.
Aer Lingus chief executive Christoph Mueller has obviously been impressing the Irish Government with his turnaround skills, as they are looking to tap his expertise to help turnaround the state-owned Irish postal service An Post as well.
Yesterday, Jean-Cyril Spinetta confirmed hints he’d been making that he would not see out the rest of his contract which runs to April 2014 and will step down as head of Air France-KLM in the summer on 1 July. Similar to the manner in which his beloved French rugby team turned to a trusted pair […]
After recent years of a number of changes at the top of airlines, in part driven by consolidation and struggling performance, 2012 was a relatively quiet year for boardroom moves at leading carriers
With both Qatar and Etihad linked to entering one of the three global airline alliances and Emirates connected to the creation of a fourth alliance, the chief executives of Oneworld, Star Alliance and SkyTeam say that one or more could join.Speaking at the Airline Business Alliances, Joint Ventures and Partnerships conference in Istanbul, Bruce Ashby, […]
Few other chief executives have lasted the course with one European airline over the same, pretty tumultuous period.
Cookies & Privacy
- New York can look to Chicago and Washington for LaGuardia reconstruction blueprint
- PICTURES: American debuts its new 787
- SkyWest Brasilias fly out of US regional fleets and into history
- American nearly halfway through repainting its fleet
- PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- MichaelM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- N830MH on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- NikolasM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Ruben on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- Sol Alba Nunez on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion