As another year passes, and a pretty awful one for the airline sector, the Airline Business editors take a look back at some of the key moments and stories of the year just gone and look at some of the stories that might make the headlines in the year ahead.
Archive | WLCAC 09 RSS feed for this section
The LCC model: We ask whether low-cost carriers are better placed to survive the economic crisis than network carriers?
Lots of talk during the World Low Cost Airline Congress about budget carriers and business traffic, and to what extent carriers are catering for it and picking it up.
Ancillary revenues has been one of the hot topics at the congress this year, with much discussion given to the respective opportunities through both unbundling and creating new streams
Spring were in Barcelona for the Congress, insist the half-standing idea is feasible and are calling for the low-cost carrier industry to come together to look further into its development
EasyJet founder and shareholder Stelios Haji-Ioannau outlined his belief more modest growth during current conditions offers a better return for shareholders than chasing market share,
AirAsia X chief executive Azran Osman Rani was in good form at the World Low Cost Airlines Congress in Barcelona. He not only vigorously defended the long-haul low-cost business model, but suggested short-haul carriers that did not address connectivity with long-haul passenger did so at their peril.
As the World Low Cost Airlines Congress kicks off in Barcelona, Flight journalist Chris Hall shares his tips on what to do and see in this vibrant Spanish city… Barcelona is one of those cities that reveal more and more of themselves on repeat visits. Home to some of the world’s most impressive architecture, museums and scenery, not […]
This week, the great and good in low cost airlines are coming to Barcelona for the snappily titled World Low Cost Airlines Congress 2009, which to save my fingers I’ll call WLCAC for short. As a team that prides itself on being first to the news, the Airline Business/Flightglobal team are here already. Unfortunately, it […]
Cookies & Privacy
- American nearly halfway through repainting its fleet
- PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Northwest’s route map to JetBlue’s growth at National
- REVIEW: ‘American Airlines, US Airways and the Creation of the World’s Largest Airline’
- America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- NikolasM on PICTURES: Washington National operator details expansion plans
- Ruben on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- Sol Alba Nunez on America’s second busiest airport LAX plans $5bn expansion
- Dca flyer on Northwest’s route map to JetBlue’s growth at National
- Edward Russell on Northwest’s route map to JetBlue’s growth at National