By ARIE EGOZI
There is growing concern in Israel about the refusal of certain countries in Europe and Scandinavia to allow Israeli securitystaff to perform checks on air passengers heading to Israel.
Last week, Denmark told Arkia, the Israeli airline, that it refuses to let Israeli security staff perform independent security checks at Copenhagen airport on the Israeli airline’s fights to Tel-Aviv.
The Danish authorities have also made it clear that they will not allow any Israeli security people on their soil to carry weapons.
Denmark said the independent security checks that the Israeli personnel perform would violate laws of freedom of occupation and human dignity. The Danish authorities said they are ready to allow Israel security personnel to work with local staff but this offer was rejected by the Israeli side.
On 4 July, Arkia spokesperson Orly Peleg- Mizrahi said the passengers are transferred to Malmo in Sweden and from there flown to Israel.
The Israel general security service has never accepted security checks on flights to Israel that are being performed by local staff in other countries. “We have our methods and standards and that is a red line that will not be crossed,” an Israeli aviation source said.
The Israeli security staff that check the passengers on Israeli airlines and who guard the boarding area are specially trained. All of them served in elite units of the Israeli defence forces.
Israeli aviation security abroad – no compromise
By Arie Egozi on 4 July, 2011 in Uncategorised
About Arie Egozi
Cookies & Privacy
- Search, locate and destroy the rocket launchers – the crucial role of UAS
- Israeli air force helicopters perform medical evacuation missions under fire
- IAI seeks to boost civil market share with new light “flying limo”
- Robots start to move into commercial aviation
- Israel Aerospace Industries expands Brazilian footprint
- Michael Powell on Israel and Italy boost their aerial co-operation
- how to hack truths about you on facebook on El Al – the Israeli government may act
- mining on Did age play a part in fatal Cobra crash?
- android apps on Secret negotiations take place in battle for Indian UAS contracts
- Virgilio on Israeli ‘Air Force One’ on hold
Arkia Arrow-2 Arrow-3 Ben-Gurion airport Boeing C-MUSIC CAA China David's Sling Egypt EL AL Elbit systems Elop Elta F-15 F-16 F-35 Gaza Hermes-450 Hermes-900 Heron Heron-1 Heron -TP IAF IAI IDF India Iran Iron Dome Israel israel aerospace industries (IAI) israeli air force israeli airforce Israeli airforce (IAF) Israeli air force (IAF) Israeli defence forces (IDF) Israeli navy Israir Lebanon Rafael Russia Syria Turkey UAS unmanned air systems (uas)