Arrow-3: a totally different layer of protection

Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) has begun preliminary tests of its new Arrow-3 anti-ballistic missile system.

The company will not specify what tests were performed, but they are part of the preparations for a full fly-out test, which will be followed – probably next year – by an intercept test.

The name Arrow-3 is misleading, as this is not an upgraded version of the Arrow-2, but a totally new interceptor using kinetic kill instead of proximity warhead detonation as in the operational Arrow-2.

Israeli sources said that the Arrow-3 will be the most advanced ballistic missiles interceptor in the world. They said that the missile will be “very energetic” and that this energy will be used to give the missile “super-manoeuvrability” so it will be capable of changing its trajectory to engage another target detected after launch.

The sources said that the Arrow-3 will be deployed parallel to the Arrow-2. The type that will be launched will be determined by the fire-control system.

The need for a longer-range kinetic-kill interceptor stems from the threat that is posed now from Scud-type missiles with a 400-600 km range, which Syria deploys, and missiles with a 2000 km range, such as the Iranian Shihab-type missiles.

The Arrow-3 will be the additional layer in the Israeli multi-layered defence system built to protect the country from rockets and missiles.

Israeli sources say that some countries are showing interest in the Arrow system. The US has to approve any export of the system as it participated in funding its development.

7 Responses to Arrow-3: a totally different layer of protection

1. how to win the lottery 22 August, 2013 at 11:12 pm #

Hi, I want to subscribe for this web site to get latest updates, therefore where can i do
    it please assist.

2. Damien 1 September, 2013 at 3:50 am #

As time goes on, a follicle may stop producing an eyelash or simply slow down production.
    Did you know that aside from making your lashes brittle and damaged, your skin grows 8 days
    older for every night that you don. No doubt about it,
    Latisse works ( although it does have its flaws, including potentially turning your blue eyes brown – for good ).

3. seo services 2 September, 2013 at 3:51 am #

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board
    and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to give something back and help others like
    you aided me.

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng6hQfGzQig 5 September, 2013 at 10:05 am #

Hi there! This post could not be written any better! Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!

He constantly kept talking about this. I will send this article to him.
    Pretty sure he’s going to have a very good read. Many thanks for
    sharing!

5. Lucid dream 11 September, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The
    clearness in your put up is simply great and that i could assume you’re a professional in this subject.
    Well along with your permission allow me to seize your feed to keep updated with imminent post.

Thank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the gratifying work.

6. how to win the lottery 21 September, 2013 at 12:47 am #

Hey! This post couldn’t be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read.
    Thanks for sharing!

7. how to win the lottery 29 October, 2013 at 3:46 pm #

If you are going for finest contents like myself, only go to see this site every day for the reason that
    it presents quality contents, thanks