VIDEO: Air New Zealand has nothing to hide!

Air New Zealand has a great new television ad (above) featuring eight staff members who appear in nothing but body paint instead of their regular uniform. The airline’s CEO Rob Fyfe also makes a cameo appearance.

The carrier says that the aim is to differentiate Air New Zealand from competitors “who levy additional charges if a passenger wants to simply check a bag or have a drink”.

“Air New Zealand airfares have nothing to hide, with airfares including baggage allowances and refreshments,” says the airline.

The behind the scenes video (below) is just as good, although a tad bit nippy. It must be cold down there!

7 Responses to VIDEO: Air New Zealand has nothing to hide!

1. David Lloyd 11 May, 2009 at 11:53 am #

“Nothing to hide” or “Nothing to show”? Down the back of the aircraft where price competition takes place AirNZ offers the same as Pacific Blue and Jetstar on NZ domestic routes.

2. Linda 11 May, 2009 at 6:49 pm #

Well done Air NZ….fabulous just like the seats and the staff down the back.

3. Maria 12 May, 2009 at 1:16 am #

I think it’s pretty cool. Great to see something new and interesting in advertising. Makes me want to go to New Zealand!

4. Niyoko 12 May, 2009 at 11:19 am #

I have to agree with Maria. This is add feels fresh and lighthearted. The humor is fun, but not inappropriate. I like this company’s attitude. :) Makes me want to fly AirNZ. :)

5. Siva Govindasamy 12 May, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Yep, it certainly is refreshing to find an airline that is willing to be more light-hearted! Too many just take themselves too seriously, and their tv advertisements reflect that. Cue long sweeping landscapes and svelte stewardesses, or passenger waking up on a very comfortable first class seat and looking unnaturally and impeccably comfortable!

I wonder which other Asia Pacific carrier is a bit more chilled out. Send me an email if you find any.

6. Jet-Setter 21 May, 2009 at 3:15 pm #

I loved this ad!! I had to watch it over and over and shared it w/ my friends! It’s sad to see that not more airlines try to create a more “FUN” image to appeal to their consumers. Not saying they have to be as risqué, but at least as original. I’ve never flown Air NZ but this ad definitely caught my attention & encourages me to do so. Kudos to all involved! Amazing, fresh concept in flying!

7. Jules Lloyd 29 June, 2009 at 8:28 am #

Check out our new domestic safety video going onboard our 737 domestic flights from today. Five courageous Air NZ staff sharing our safety message in nothing more than body paint.