China’s is now the world’s second largest defence spender, something that would surely alarm its neighbours who will want to speed up the modernisation of their armed forces as well.
The People’s Liberation Army Air Force [PLAAF] is a big beneficiary of this money. It has inducted the Chengdu Aircraft J-10 [official video above] and Chengdu J/F-17 fighters [below], and is believed to be having trials for the J-10B, an upgraded version of the multi-role fighter.
Ongoing military programmes within China re reportedly looking into fifth generation fighter, unmanned combat aerial vehicle programmes, new attack helicopters, airborne early warning and control [AEW&C] systems, and high-altitude long-endurance UAVs.
China’s neighbours like Japan and South Korea have been increasingly wary of Beijing’s plans to modernise its air force. Japan has renewed its efforts to procure the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor from the USA to modernise its air force, while Australia said earlier this year that China could become a maritime threat.
China’s neighbours will watch its military spending closely
By Siva Govindasamy on 11 June, 2009 in Uncategorised
About Siva Govindasamy
Cookies & Privacy
- Alamat Supplier Tas Branded Termurah Surabaya on Must read: Chinese Aerospace Power, Emerging Maritime Roles
- hermes outlet store online on ANA launches post-earthquake & tsunami special livery
- christian louboutin quality resources llc on PICTURES: RAAF ‘Haul-a-herc’ event raises money for Special Olympics
- Abigail on Air China continues to squeeze its domestic rivals
- MK on V Australia failing to live up to its namesake
787 a320 A380 Airasia AirAsia X Airbus Air china Air Force Air India air New zealand Airnorth all nippon airways ana australia boeing cathay pacific airways China eurocopter f-22 F-35 gopinath India indian air force j-20 Japan japan airlines jet airways jetstar Malaysia Airlines mmrca Nok Air northrop grumman Qantas qantas airways raaf Royal Thai Air Force rta-70 SIA singapore singapore airlines t-50 Taiwan tiger airways timco xian helicopter