The pilot of this Dornier 328 turboprop passenger aircraft slips into the grass beside the runway while trying to land at Tanah Merah airport in Papua province, Indonesia. The only operator of the type in Indonesia is Xpress Air, but it is not clear if this aircraft is part of its fleet.
You can see the propeller fly off at 0.15 as the wing hits the ground, and the passengers scramble off later on as the aircraft comes to a stop.
If you look closely at the start of the video and read the comments, itappears as though the pilot was trying to avoid the dog that ran acrossthe runway. But the dog is a far way off from the aircraft, which wastrying to land in wet conditions, and it appears as though the pilotliterally slips up.
Thankfully, nobody was reportedly injured in the incident. Having said that, it makes for a great funny video.
So was it the dog or the pilot?
By Siva Govindasamy on 16 June, 2009 in Uncategorised
About Siva Govindasamy
Cookies & Privacy
- Alamat Supplier Tas Branded Termurah Surabaya on Must read: Chinese Aerospace Power, Emerging Maritime Roles
- hermes outlet store online on ANA launches post-earthquake & tsunami special livery
- christian louboutin quality resources llc on PICTURES: RAAF ‘Haul-a-herc’ event raises money for Special Olympics
- Abigail on Air China continues to squeeze its domestic rivals
- MK on V Australia failing to live up to its namesake
787 a320 A380 Airasia AirAsia X Airbus Air china Air Force Air India air New zealand Airnorth all nippon airways ana australia boeing cathay pacific airways China eurocopter f-22 F-35 gopinath India indian air force j-20 Japan japan airlines jet airways jetstar Malaysia Airlines mmrca Nok Air northrop grumman Qantas qantas airways raaf Royal Thai Air Force rta-70 SIA singapore singapore airlines t-50 Taiwan tiger airways timco xian helicopter