FTC-2000 Mountain Eagle: Top Gun fighter!
I came across an impressive video Avic made a few years ago for the Guizhou FTC- 2000 Mountain Eagle. It has all the usual fighter plane video stuff: monumental music, competent looking pilots walking down the flight line, sunrise behind the plane, cool graphics – it’s all there.
The video hits its stride after three minutes when the combat starts. At 3:08 there is a high- speed pass that looks remarkably similar to a scene from a 1980s movie about naval fighter pilots. I seem to recall the movie starred a famous scientologist who freaks out in the climactic battle. After two minutes of inertia he rallies and downs three ‘MiG-30s’ – an aircraft that looked a lot like the F-5E Tiger II.
At 3:49 the FTC-2000 gets even better, out manoeuvring an F-16 in a turning dogfight. When he finally lines up the falcon, he has time to press a button in the cockpit (ever heard of HOTAS?), turn a small knob, release the safety on the stick, and pull the trigger, sending a heat seeker into the hapless falcon. Boom!
About Greg Waldron
Cookies & Privacy
- Alamat Supplier Tas Branded Termurah Surabaya on Must read: Chinese Aerospace Power, Emerging Maritime Roles
- hermes outlet store online on ANA launches post-earthquake & tsunami special livery
- christian louboutin quality resources llc on PICTURES: RAAF ‘Haul-a-herc’ event raises money for Special Olympics
- Abigail on Air China continues to squeeze its domestic rivals
- MK on V Australia failing to live up to its namesake
787 a320 A380 Airasia AirAsia X Airbus Air china Air Force Air India air New zealand Airnorth all nippon airways ana australia boeing cathay pacific airways China eurocopter f-22 F-35 gopinath India indian air force j-20 Japan japan airlines jet airways jetstar Malaysia Airlines mmrca Nok Air northrop grumman Qantas qantas airways raaf Royal Thai Air Force rta-70 SIA singapore singapore airlines t-50 Taiwan tiger airways timco xian helicopter