Japan’s All Nippon Airways has launched a modest special livery commemorating the island nation’s efforts to recover from last month’s earthquake and resulting tsunami.
The livery carries the phrase “Forward together as one Japan”. In front of Japan is a red dot representing the sun; Japan is referred to as the land of the rising sun. (The red dot is also featured on the wing of Japanese-registered aircraft, as well as more familiar places like the country’s flag.)
The phrase does not explicitly reference the earthquake and tsunami, but there is no questioning its connotation. It could be said the phrase exemplifies Japan’s characteristics of oneness, stoicism, and deference.
ANA launches post-earthquake & tsunami special livery
Those familiar with aviation in Japan will know the iconic practice of a flight’s ground crew waving goodbye to the flight as it taxis out. When Japan Airlines recently resumed flights to Sendai, whose airport was flooded during the tsunami, JAL’s president joined the ground crew (photo) in sending off the first flight back to Sendai.
About Will Horton
Cookies & Privacy
- Alamat Supplier Tas Branded Termurah Surabaya on Must read: Chinese Aerospace Power, Emerging Maritime Roles
- hermes outlet store online on ANA launches post-earthquake & tsunami special livery
- christian louboutin quality resources llc on PICTURES: RAAF ‘Haul-a-herc’ event raises money for Special Olympics
- Abigail on Air China continues to squeeze its domestic rivals
- MK on V Australia failing to live up to its namesake
787 a320 A380 Airasia AirAsia X Airbus Air china Air Force Air India air New zealand Airnorth all nippon airways ana australia boeing cathay pacific airways China eurocopter f-22 F-35 gopinath India indian air force j-20 Japan japan airlines jet airways jetstar Malaysia Airlines mmrca Nok Air northrop grumman Qantas qantas airways raaf Royal Thai Air Force rta-70 SIA singapore singapore airlines t-50 Taiwan tiger airways timco xian helicopter