It’s taken a month to remove the damaged Swiss International Air Lines BAE Systems Avro RJ100 from the runway at London City airport after a heavy landing on 18 August. It was towed onto a marine pontoon and floated down the river to the north of Royal Albert Dock because of space and maintenance constraints at London City airport.
Flightglobal.com has some interesting pics of the operation.
Pontooning down the river
About Barbara Cockburn
Cookies & Privacy
- Cheap Oakley Jawbone on Flight Control HD for PlayStation Move Gameplay
- antler luggage on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
- buying instagram followers on Flight International gains its centenary wings
- stainless steel steamer on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
- petunia pickle bottom boxy baby backpack on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
A380 Airbus Airbus A380 aircraft Air France Air New Zealand American Airlines aviation Boeing Boeing 707 Boeing 737 Boeing 787 British Airways Colgan Air comair competition Concorde COTS crash flight fun Heathrow machine Marlon Green Merritt Island mod nasa new mexico ntsb Paris Air Show Q400 RAF roswell russia Ryanair safety shuttle Singapore Airlines space spaceflight Twitter UAV ufo video Virgin Atlantic