There are many conflicting reports regarding the casualties and circumstances of the Spanair MD-82 but we hope to bring you all the latest facts regarding the tragedy.
- Spanair has confirmed that the aircraft type is Boeing MD82
- The incident happened at Madrid International Airport.
Here is a Google Maps of the airport:
View Larger Map
- Here is some footage of the aftermath of the incident from the BBC
- The Spanish Government have confirmed 45 deaths so far in this tragedy
- Here is the latest news,blogs,images and video of Spanair
- Here is the latest news,blogs,images and video of Boeing MD-82
- A few days on and the investigation has begun on the tragedy. Here is Flight’s Safety and Operations Editor David Learmount giving his view of how the investigation will take place.
- Here are some images of the plane’s wreckage.