As the QE2 sets sail from Southampton today for a life in Dubai met by Emirate’s A380 , I found that Flight recorded other events involving flypasts over notable ships. Picture credit: Guy Moores – QE2 moored at New York Harbour, October 2008 In 1936, Flight ran an advertisement comparing the aerodynamism of the prototype aircraft Airspeed “Envoy” […]
Archive | November, 2008
Pilot Jim O’Neill, 65 suffered a stroke at 5,500ft (1,676m) and lost his sight while flying a two-seater Cessna aircraft from Glasgow Prestwick Airport to Colchester, Essex last week. An aircraft was made available to guide him in to land from the RAF base at Linton-on-Ouse in North Yorkshire. Wing Cdr Paul Gerrard, chief flying […]
Watch this video of a light aircraft losing a wing in flight. I won’t tell you how it ends.
Cookies & Privacy
- Cheap Oakley Jawbone on Flight Control HD for PlayStation Move Gameplay
- antler luggage on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
- buying instagram followers on Flight International gains its centenary wings
- stainless steel steamer on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
- petunia pickle bottom boxy baby backpack on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?