Pet Airways transports pets, obviously

If you hate putting your dog in kennels or cat in a cattery while you go on holiday, here’s a solution. Book a flight for them on Pet Airways.

At last a pet airline where pets fly in the main cabin, NOT in cargo and they can meet you at your destination.

animal-transit.gif

The airline website says: “When your pet checks in as a pawsenger on one of our flights, there will be a right-sized pet carrier awaiting him to be tucked inside before take off.”

Purrrrlease!

The Pet Airways site gives pet owners tips on safe transporting of animals and prepping their pet for a trip with tips such as ensuring their pet carrier is the right size and offers the right canine amenities.

The site advises that pets need:

• Comfy blanket to provide warmth and cushioning on his joints
  • Travel water bowl
  • Identification on your dog and in the carrier healthy treats, a favorite toy, spare leash and collar, travel bowls, any necessary medications and spare poop bags

Flights are operated by Suburban Air Freight, Inc which operates a fleet of Beech 1900, Beech 99, and Cessna Caravan aircraft and maintains Pratt & Whitney PT6-A engines, so you know your pooch will be in safe hands.

This airline is ideal for the pet owner willing to go the extra (aeronautical) mile.

, , , , , ,

10 Responses to Pet Airways transports pets, obviously

1. mike 22 April, 2009 at 6:59 am #

This is absolutely adorable! What a wonderful idea for people who don’t want to leave their pets when they travel.

2. Nik 13 May, 2009 at 8:15 am #

Finally! I refuse to put my puppy in cargo, so I have driven cross country twice with her. Flying is a lot faster! Can’t wait to use this airline.

3. Michelle Vuong 10 June, 2009 at 4:50 am #

Great idea! Do you have flight from Saigon airport to San Francisco airport? Thank you, Michelle.

4. JH 24 July, 2009 at 10:13 pm #

Does this fly from the USA to the UK?

5. katya 8 August, 2009 at 2:37 pm #

Hello. I need to fly my cat from Russia (Moscow) to Los Angeles. Does it fly there?

Katya
    putasay@yahoo.com

6. linda richardson 21 October, 2009 at 5:34 pm #

I need a flight from Edmonton, Canada to Austin, Texas or as close as possible.

7. susan 23 June, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

I need a flight from West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, Florida to Rome, Italy. Do you go there?

8. Will Horton 22 July, 2010 at 1:16 pm #

Sorry, Susan, but we’re a news site, not an airline. It would be best to ask the airline.

9. i need to fly my Belgian Tervuren puppy from ANR (Antwerp, Belgium) 27 October, 2010 at 1:40 am #

to IAD, Dulles-International Airport in Washington, D.C. How much is one way? thank you – this rocks! we’ve flown our pets for years and this is so humane!

10. Kathleen 16 January, 2011 at 1:54 am #

WARNING…..WARNING…..WARNING,

This so called company is a total lie. I was supposed to have a bird shipped through these criminals. I was told the total shipping would be $240.00 and that’s what I paid. They accepted it in full and claimed they had to run tests on her first and if all was well she would be on her way. They guarentee shipment in 6 to 9 hrs. I received an email that the tests were negative but it would be a health risk to her to ship her at night. Sounded reasonable. I get an email the next morning she would be leaving after 6:00 pm and arriving after 9:00 pm to us. That sounds like a night shipment to me. Then they said because the weather had changed, they would need an extra $145.00 for a special crate and over $400.00 more for insurance. These people are not registered with the better business bureau and your pet still rides with the rest of the cargo. I told them by email forget it and I want my money back. They claim they don’t give refunds. They have 2 phone numbers and no one ever answers either one. I am starting to take action against them by taking this first step. Please don’t be fooled, these people are not pet people. If you need to ship a pet try Angel Flight or something.