Ryaniar chief executive Michael O’Leary is making headlines again with another money saving tip to rid the flight deck of co-pilots and has and suggested that air stewardesses could land aircraft in an emergency.
O’Leary made the suggestions during a Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine interview.
This subject is not new to Flightglobal users and may well be familiar with our content:
- BLOG – Learmount June 2010 - The lonely airline pilot
- Blog comments from The lonely airline pilot
- News, June 2010 - Embraer reveals vision for single-pilot airliners
- News, December 2009 Unmanned flight tests to advance airline reduced-crew concepts
- Airline Business CEO profile – The gospel according to Michael O’Leary
- Mary Kirby aka Runway Girl’s posts on Michael O’Leary
- Airline Business Blog posts on MO’L