Uncle Roger’s Christmas quiz

All year – our 102nd to be precise – Flightglobal has been serious about aerospace, interpreting the latest business, programme, operational and technical developments across the global industry. However, the run up to Christmas gives us the chance to relax our content rules – so, now is the time of year to find out if you are a budding Total Aviation Person as you pit your wits against Uncle Roger in our festive quiz.

8 Responses to Uncle Roger’s Christmas quiz

1. Scoreboard 21 December, 2010 at 4:28 pm #

Would have scored 8 more (to get to 75%) if your picture answers hadn’t been so picky (just a piece of punctuation wrong to lose the point) – but worst of all is that the answer to 64 is wrong, so wrong!!!

2. Jim Kerswell 21 December, 2010 at 11:39 pm #

Say, Uncle Roger, my Christmans Quiz page went blank after I answered 52 of your 85 questions. My fault or does this happen to everyone?

3. Martin Pettit 22 December, 2010 at 10:50 am #

I would suggest that the Trident and Sea Vixen were de Havilland products not HSA: some flexibility needed. Lockheed-T-33 ?; a Lockheed T-33 surely. Doodlebug is surely a nickname. Surely Roulettes is not part of the aircraft type name.

Good fun anyway but the automatic checking is not up to the job.

4. Lightndattic 22 December, 2010 at 1:22 pm #

There has to be a better way of scoring the typed in answers.

11 questions marked wrong on mine were just like this:

Boeing 787 and Airbus A400M(your answer)
    Possible correct answers:

* Airbus A400M and Boeing 787
    * Airbus A400M Boeing 787
    * Airbus A400M & Boeing 787
    * Airbus A400M, Boeing 787

5. Alex Andrei 22 December, 2010 at 11:54 pm #

Yea the pictures were a disaster for me too. Still would’ve only scored 2 extra if they were flexible… too many obscure English planes!

6. FrankM 23 December, 2010 at 5:53 am #

To Scoreboard,

I agree completely with the comments on the typed-in answers, cost me 12 correct answers, but if you’re thinking no 64 is a Vought F7u Cutlass, sorry, you’re out (and I didn’t get it right either)…

7. henry bond 26 December, 2010 at 6:47 pm #

Loved the quiz and thanks for setting it up.
    However, would have scored at least 11 more if it had been a verbal quiz because F 111 is an F 111 and not a F-111!
    Lk 4wrd 2 2011 qiz.

8. Jen Cluse 5 January, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

Ya Boo Sucks, Dear Roger.

Ditch the X-Box marking system

Is this MarkQuiz-By-Wire?

Oooo

Duddn’t work

Happy Xmas all the same

Such a lovely old tradition