The US Air Force’s newest fighter stands poised to enter operational service this week, but with a new name. The Lockheed Martin F/A-22 is renamed the F-22A. The USAF’s official explanation says the ‘F/A’ designation was invented three years ago as a marketing tool aimed at selling the Raptor as a multi-role fighter to a sceptical […]
About Stephen Trimble
Author Archive | Stephen Trimble
It is rare to spot something truly new in one of the hundreds of reports issued each year by US Department of Defense’s legion of internal think-tanks, much less learn of the existence of an undisclosed, revolutionary helicopter development project. But it can happen. And so it is with the recently published, 175-page report […]
As far as unmanned aviation has come in the last decade, it remains the rare niche aviation market that can’t agree on what to call its signature product. As an acronym, do we call them a UAV, UA or UAS? As a word, should we describe them as unmanned, uninhabited or unpiloted? Never one to […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Cheap Oakley Jawbone on Flight Control HD for PlayStation Move Gameplay
- antler luggage on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
- buying instagram followers on Flight International gains its centenary wings
- stainless steel steamer on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
- petunia pickle bottom boxy baby backpack on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?