In a dimmed hangar on the side of Charlotte-Douglas International Airport lies N106US, the US Airways Airbus A320 that landed on the Hudson River one chilly January morning in 2009. Edward Russell The famous “Miracle on the Hudson” aircraft is now an exhibit at the Carolinas Aviation Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina. Flight 1549 was […]
Archive | Airlines RSS feed for this section
The delivery ceremony of Thai Airways’ first Airbus A380
BA is flying the Olympic flame from Greece to the UK on Firefly, a specially liveried A319
British Airways Dove-liveried Airbus A319
While aviation people spend a lot of time and energy worrying about how to squeeze fuel burn a bit or if the wings can be bit more carbon fibre, the ultimate customers – passengers – seem to have very different concerns. Indeed, Gadget Duck’s pitch for the $18.95 Knee Defender suggests that passengers don’t give […]
Malaysia Airlines has unveiled the design and specifications of its first Airbus A380-800 aircraft. The aircraft, to be delivered in the middle of June, will have a new livery on its exterior, said the airline. The aircraft will have 494 seats in a three-class configuration – eight in first class, 66 in business and 420 […]
Here’s an interesting example of a trend we’re seeing in finance – money deals that might in the past have been naturally placed in Europe are moving to other regions. The problem is that European banks are being forced to trim their balance sheets to toughen themselves up against the cold wind of the Eurozone […]
Videos of landing aircraft in challenging conditions is nothing new, but this video – currently popular on YouTube – showcases how an afternoon of bad weather at Düsseldorf airport can make landing an aircraft a real test of skill for pilots.
1. A380 hits CRJ while taxiing at JFK Video footage emerged showing an Air France Airbus A380 colliding with a Comair Bombardier CRJ700 during taxiing at New York JFK back in April. The A380 “clipped the tail fin” of the parked Comair jet, causing only “material damage”. 2. Tu 154 struggles against in-flight oscillation The video clips […]
Passengers flying with KLM can select who to sit next to on flights using social media such as Facebook. The airline believes that your air travel experience can be affected by the person you are seated next to and is proposing that passengers can opt to select their seat mate using tools like Facebook. The airline says […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Cheap Oakley Jawbone on Flight Control HD for PlayStation Move Gameplay
- antler luggage on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
- buying instagram followers on Flight International gains its centenary wings
- stainless steel steamer on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?
- petunia pickle bottom boxy baby backpack on Tier 1 suppliers: on the way out?