Slow Monday

Monday in the US is wrapping up, and today was largely a research day for me that has left me with more questions then when the day began.

Maybe a few of you out there can answer a few of these:

Which mystery A380 structures found their way to Toulouse last week?

Why is the 747 LCF flying back and forth between Charleston and Everett empty? Training flights? Fixture movement?

When is Virgin America launching its broadband on-board?

And lastly, where did I leave my keys?

Have the answers? Leave a comment or drop a line at flightblogger (at) gmail (dot) com.

All and all, a very slow Monday. Maybe you can lend a hand and make Tuesday a bit more interesting.

6 Responses to Slow Monday

1. Andrew December 17, 2007 at 6:55 pm #

There is some conjecture in various forums about the decision by Boeing to issue a production line photograph without the nose of #1 in view. An unusual ommission in my opinion

Is it at all possible that the mystery nose section you showed a couple of weeks ago has found its way on to the flying prototype to speed things up?

2. LDB December 18, 2007 at 12:03 pm #

Photography is forbidden on the tour, they claim they even have the technology to detect a camera on your person so you have one last chance to give them to the security guard before the bus rolls.

I didn’t see any sort of scanning going on, nor any warnings for people with pacemakers, etc. I think its all bunk, but I didn’t feel like testing it.

3. Pedro December 18, 2007 at 1:08 pm #

I gave my camera to security but I had my camera phone (powered off) on my at all times on the tour. They didn’t say anything.

4. Andrew December 19, 2007 at 8:12 am #

The A330 is much less plane than the DC10 (KC50)
    The Boeing nemesis Senator McCain is now suggesting that Boeing have not been entirely ethical in their dealings with the USAF over further C17 procurement.
    What to do if this is true?

5. RW - San Clemente December 19, 2007 at 9:37 am #

Yeah, but the tanker procurement is for replacement of the KC135 isn’t it? A330 is hardly a perfect fit for that. 767 is the right plane, and it is primarily built in the US. I’d love to see the congressman/woman who presses for this contract to go to the Frogs!

6. Andrew S February 7, 2008 at 12:26 am #

I was at PAE today and saw the LCF arrive and depart without anything being loaded or unloaded from it. With the way fuel prices are, I wouldn’t think this is very economical!

After two months, has anything surfaced to why they are still doing this?