Video: ZA002 is airborne!

Picture 23.png

ZA002 took to the skies at approximately 9:10 PT from Paine Field in Everett, Washington after completing three taxi runs. At the controls is Capt. Randy Neville, accompanied by Capt. Mike Carriker in the right seat. Follow the latest developments on the first flight of Boeing 002 Experimental on twitter by following me and the #787FT hashtag.
Video Courtesy Future of Flight
Video Capture from KIRO7

8 Responses to Video: ZA002 is airborne!

1. Resplendent December 22, 2009 at 9:44 am #

A lovely sight :D Also not entirely related, but what’s the current production status? Haven’t seen an update on which frames are in final assembly in awhile.

2. Szymon Dembowy December 22, 2009 at 12:43 pm #

I was lucky enough to be there today, thanks to Jon and his dead-on updates.
    If interested in photos, check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/30330128@N05/sets/72157623051949918/. They are not the greatest due to crappy light conditions, but not too bad.
    AirShowFan: r u out of town or working? Did not see you there. We should coordinate and take a trip down to KBFI with more people for upcoming flights.

3. mcpcshowcaseHD December 22, 2009 at 12:52 pm #

Is it right that this particular aircraft suffered some problems during the flight test. The KPAE Paine Field blog reported….

“Shortly after takeoff there was a dragging brake indication, floor vibration, and a problem with the nose gear door alignment. Flight was extended about an hour trying to work the gear door problem.”

4. suland December 22, 2009 at 1:38 pm #

And the skies are getting crowded with Dreamliners!!!

5. Szymon Dembowy December 22, 2009 at 1:44 pm #

I was lucky to be there this morning and take some photos (thanks to Jon’s spot-on updates).
    Here the link for my photos on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30330128@N05/sets/72157623051949918/
    Enjoy!

6. bugref December 22, 2009 at 5:49 pm #

Jon I hope you can give us more info related to the problem encountered by ZA002, thanks…

7. Gabriele November 18, 2010 at 10:45 am #

I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the responses that this is working for you as well. My kindest regards, Gabriele.