A400M, A380 and A330-200F to headline Farnborough for Airbus

For its Farnborough 2010 (flight) line up, Airbus will bring the A400M, A380 and A330-200F to the mid-summer show. A400M and A380 will both be taking part in the flying display, with A380 flying daily and the A400M on Monday through Thursday. In addition, the first Rolls-Royce powered A330-200F for Etihad Crystal Cargo, the new freighter’s launch customer, will be attending the show as well. The A330-200F and C295 will both be on static display during the week.

Photo Credits Yvan Panas & Christophe Ramos

12 Responses to A400M, A380 and A330-200F to headline Farnborough for Airbus

1. Tani Taniwha July 9, 2010 at 3:12 am #

Is that a real photo of the A400? I can’t believe that after all these years and all those wasted Euros, it actually flies.

2. SomeoneInToulouse July 9, 2010 at 4:40 am #

I don’t know, shall I ask it if it’s real next time it flies over my house…?

3. Fred July 9, 2010 at 11:07 am #

Oh boy, the two greatest marketing and financial boondoggles in Airbus history, the A30 And the A400M on display to remind everyone in Europe of how much they have paid form their taxes for the vanity of Euro aviation.

Wish I could be there to get a picture.

4. J Hancock July 9, 2010 at 12:29 pm #

I can’t believe I am missing Farnborough by 36 hours! I fly into Paris to start my month in Europe just after it ends. Oh the humanity of it all!

5. SomeoneinEurope July 9, 2010 at 5:02 pm #

Before we talk about planes paid by taxes we sholud wait for the wto sentence to boeing financial helps, for airbus they found 15 Mio of helps which where originaly used for military projects and the results than transfered to civilian projects. If they declare that not right, i’m looking forward to the sentence for boeing, they will have to pay back billions….
    as we say in europe, a shot in the knee….

6. Birdy July 10, 2010 at 6:27 am #

I would suggest to some people to look at all the money wasted by the American payer for projects like the C17 or the F22.
    The A400M delay and overcost is nothing comparing to them.

7. Birdy July 10, 2010 at 6:29 am #

I would suggest to some people to look at all the money wasted by American taxpayers for projects like the C17 or the F22.
    The A400M delay and overcost are nothing comparing to them.

8. Andreas July 10, 2010 at 2:21 pm #

It’s pathetic, that BOEING shows the Dreamlinier only on static display (if ever). Static display is BORING. Don’t they trust their own design and workmanship? Is it too unsafe to fly, even only a simple fly-by? No aerobatics required!

To see the A400M and the A380 flying makes me proud and gives a sense to the tax money I’ve paid. There are much worse things they do with my tax money than aviation.

Best regards from Germany
    Andreas

9. Uwe July 11, 2010 at 7:20 am #

Are you a real lizzard than can talk, read and write ;-?

10. Mike July 11, 2010 at 11:53 pm #

A tongue in cheek comment (nice one don;t you think seeing as the Taniwha is in fact not a lizard but a mythical water dragon, but I’ll play along for the ignorant) about the A400. Obviously a sensitive subject for Uwe (is that pronounced oo-ee as in Yucky?) as well as someone with no imagination in Toulouse and his Mate someone else in Europe, also not forgetting Birdy who’s being especially narky attacking the US military projects.

Not withstanding, how many of these projects, at immense cost can the poor Euro paying tax payers fund? I’m suspect of the Aussie Dollars I’ve provided to help pay for the A330 Tanker yet to pump a litre of gas for us.

11. JayJay July 12, 2010 at 5:27 am #

You can say what you want, but when the US Army will buy the A4OOM, we will speak again about all of this, when the program will prove successful and bring billions of Euros, we will speak again about the wasted money, etc, etc…

12. Dom July 15, 2010 at 6:37 am #

I just read on “MY AIRBUS” that the A400 ‘flies higher, faster and farther than other military airlifters’. Is that correct?