credit JAXA / caption: Has Fig.6-1 spilled the beans?
Has the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency given the game away with this diagram from an International Astronautical Congress 2009 JAXA International Space Station plans presentation?
Is that a United Launch Alliance Delta IV Heavy with Orion I see before me and what’s with the human lander demonstration in 2025?
Is this the new plan, broadly speaking? Has the grapevine network between the different space agencies led the Japanese to broadly sketch out how they expect human Moon exploration to evolve after friendly email banter with their NASA counterparts?
It’s certainly intriguing but then it could just be JAXA’s plan and that Orion like spacecraft could be a JAXA vision vehicle for a 2020-era Japanese manned transportation system. Then again the human lander demo reference could explain the mysterious March International Space Exploration Coordination Group statement that indicated Altair may not be the only crewed lander – I never did get any sense out of the agencies about who this statement referred too. Stay tuned for more info about the international lunar exploration plans this week
Has JAXA revealed the new Moon return plan?
About Rob Coppinger
- New docking system fault meant manual docking for Progress M-021M at International Space Station
- Progress M-021M freighter is launched by Soyuz U launch vehicle on slow approach to International Space Station
- Mars Curiosity Rover experiences “soft short” reducing bus voltage
- NASA’s MAVEN mission to Mars is successfully launched by Atlas V
- Mars Curiosity Rover has software upset but is recovered
Cookies & Privacy
- Analysis and Data: 2013 has had the largest number of spacecraft launched in a single year – and it is not over yet
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 V1.1 joins the commercial space launch market as it successfully lofts SES-8
- APT formally signs turnkey contract with CGWIC for construction and launch of Apstar 9 comsat
- Comet Ison fades to obscurity after its solar burn off
- China launches Chang’e 3 Moon rover mission successfully as India injects its Mars Orbiter Mission into correct transfer orbit
- Bill on India’s unmanned Mars mission announcement causes backlash
- ブーツ 超歓迎 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- 超歓迎 靴 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- buy youtube views on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- カナダグース ダウン 検査合格 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
25 2009 ares aviation week awards barack obama Beidou Cargo Return Vehicle china constellation delay democrat DGA eco esa figures funded google lunar prize hyperbola hypertext IGT iss launch lunar marsblog moon nasa node 2 north obama orion Raymond Lygo research reviews rocket Roscosmos russia Satellite broadcasting soyuz space spaceflight spacex tourism video virgin galactic