The Spanish satellite operator Hispasat S.A. haas posted profits for 2012 of €200.3 million ($270.4 million) reprsesenting an increase of 6.85% over the previous year. More that half of the revenues came from its Amazonas satellite revenues over North and South America. Profitabilty remained considerable with the firm’s EBITDA rising by more than 4% over the previous year to more than $161 million.
Tag Archives | Amazonas
Arianespace’s Ariane 5 rocket series had another successful flight (its 54th in a row) when an Ariane 5 ECA successfully launched two communications satellites. Amazonas 3 and Azersat 1 at 2136GMT on 7 February from the Kourou launch site in French Guiana. Built by Orbiral Sciences Corporation and using its Star 2.4c bus design, the 3275kg Azersat 1 is a communications satellite for the Government of Azerbaijan. Amazonas 3 was built by Space Systems Loral for Hispasat and uses a version of the LS-1300 bus design. The 6265kg commercial communications spacecraft will provide telecommunications services to the Americas. Arianespace notes that the flight carried the largest ever payload to date by an Ariane 5 launch vehicle.
The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) has authorised an $87.1 million guarantee of a loan extended by Crédit Agricole and other European lenders to a subsidiary of the Spanish satellite operator, Hispasat for the manufacture of the communications satellite Amazonas 4A. The satellite is to be constructed by the US spacecraft manufacturer Orbital Sciences Corporation and will carry 24 Ku-band transponders. The satellite is expected to be launched in 2014 and will be located over Brazil to provide direct-to-home high-definition television broadcasts to the Americas region.
It looks like NASA’s Orion crew exploration vehicle is going to have even more similarities with the space agency’s Apollo command module. The Orion project office tells Hyperbola that come 2015 (take your pick on IOC crewed flight dates) the sea landing of the six crew International Space Station mission spacecraft will have balloons to ensure it can right itself if it flips upside down in the swell
This video shows China preparing for a possible Shenzhou-7 sea rescue after a launch abort
Cookies & Privacy
- Hyperbola space news blog moves to www.seradata.com
- Antares 120 launch vehicle successfully lofts Cygnus cargo craft plus a Flock of Dove satellites (Corrected)
- International Space Station gets new lease of life as ESA eyes Dream Chaser to get there
- Solaris is sold to Echostar as it builds an S-band business
- SpaceX has another commercial flight success with Falcon 9 v1.1 launch of Thaicom-6
- Bill on India’s unmanned Mars mission announcement causes backlash
- ブーツ 超歓迎 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- 超歓迎 靴 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- buy youtube views on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- カナダグース ダウン 検査合格 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama