The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) has announced that it is to loan $343.3 million to Asia Satellite Telecommunications Co. Ltd. (AsiaSat) for the construction of Asisat 6 and Asiasat 8 communications satellites by Space Systems/Loral. The launch of the satellites which are planned for the first half of 2014. Apart from the construction, the financing will support launch services supplied by Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX)and launch insurance arranged by Marsh USA,
Tag Archives | Asiasat
The Hong Kong-based commercial satellite operator Asiasat has announced that it has formed an agreement with GeoMetWatch Corp to place six hosted payloads for the purposes of meteorolgy on its satellites. The first of six Sounding and Tracking Observatory for Regional Meteorolog (STORM) instruments will be placed on an Asiasat communications satellite launched in 2016.
While the Falcon 9 launch vehicle of Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) is repidly becoming the commercial launch vehicle of choice due to its low price (though Arianespace remains market leader), satellite operators are still wary of Falcon 9 launch schedule delays. As such, some operators are now booking back up launches with other launch providers lest SpaceX cannot get their “birds” up on time.
Regional satellite operator, the Hong Kong-based Asiasat (Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company) firm has sold its Speedcast services firm to TA Associates, a private equity firm. Speedcast offers communications services to Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT) and is expected to continue buying communications capacity on Asiasat satellites.. Asiasat decided to divest his part of its business to concentrate on its core business of offering capacity to the South East Asian region and Africa. The deal was worth just over $32 million.
Cookies & Privacy
- Hyperbola space news blog moves to www.seradata.com
- Antares 120 launch vehicle successfully lofts Cygnus cargo craft plus a Flock of Dove satellites (Corrected)
- International Space Station gets new lease of life as ESA eyes Dream Chaser to get there
- Solaris is sold to Echostar as it builds an S-band business
- SpaceX has another commercial flight success with Falcon 9 v1.1 launch of Thaicom-6
- Bill on India’s unmanned Mars mission announcement causes backlash
- ブーツ 超歓迎 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- 超歓迎 靴 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- buy youtube views on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- カナダグース ダウン 検査合格 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama