While satellite and television companies are looking forward to the mini-windfall in revenues that the Olympic games will bring (satellite transponder leasing rates, advertising revenues etc) others have more pressing issues on their minds. Currently the British Army is concerned about rogue aircraft disrupting or even attacking the Olympic games starting in London at the end of July. As such it is currently in the process of deploying surface-to-air missiles around the games. In parkland the Rapier missile batteries are being installed. More controversially, lightweight Thales Starstreak missiles are being positioned on some tower blocks. But can they do the job if needed?
Tag Archives | DGA
FARNBOROUGH: Olympics will be boost to satellite television services and makes Thales Starstreak II missile famous already
Despite displays by and order annoucements for Airbus and Boeing aircraft, the Farnborough International Air Show was stolen yesterday. The perpetrator was that master of showmanship Sir Richard Branson. Surrounded by fans, clients and his close family, Sir Richard announced that Virgin Galactic’s satellite launch vehicle concept dubbed would go ahead. In his press conference presentation Sir Richard noted that there was a “new race to space” going on and that it was the right to take advantage of this business opportunity.
Official Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo captive carry flight video
Congrats to the “Gupmyster” on his video of the WhiteKnight Two-SpaceShipTwo first captive carry flight take-off and landing. You could have earned yourself some cash if you’d sold it to us Gupmyster!
Watch this 22s video of Virgin Galactic’s first SpaceShipTwo (SS2) captive carry flight on 22 March 2010 as the WhiteKnight Twi, SS2 vehicles pass over Mojave
VIDEO: Virgin Galactic SpaceShipTwo unveil
The launch of France’s Helios 2B reconnaissance satellite has been cancelled for today and is to be rescheduled in a few days time
Virgin Galactic’s founder Sir Richard Branson, president Will Whitehorn and commercial director Stephen Attenborough at the SpaceShipTwo unveil on 7 December 2009
VIDEO: Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo “Enterprise”
Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo vehicle attached to its carrier aircraft WhiteKnight Two in its hangar at Mojave
Cookies & Privacy
- Hyperbola space news blog moves to www.seradata.com
- Antares 120 launch vehicle successfully lofts Cygnus cargo craft plus a Flock of Dove satellites (Corrected)
- International Space Station gets new lease of life as ESA eyes Dream Chaser to get there
- Solaris is sold to Echostar as it builds an S-band business
- SpaceX has another commercial flight success with Falcon 9 v1.1 launch of Thaicom-6
- Bill on India’s unmanned Mars mission announcement causes backlash
- ブーツ 超歓迎 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- 超歓迎 靴 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- buy youtube views on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- カナダグース ダウン 検査合格 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama