Astronaut Chris Cassidy (NASA) and Luca Parmitano (ESA) performed an Extra Vehicular Activity (EVA) which began at 1909 GMT on 10 July. During the spacewalk ,which lasted six hours seven minutes, the two astronauts made various equipment retrievals and change-outs including replacing a failed component on an antenna, installing radiator grapple bars onto the outboard P-1 and S-1 trusses, retrieving two materials science experiments, The astronauts also routed power cables in preparation for the arrival of a new NAUKA Russian module.
Tag Archives | iss
A Soyuz FG rocket carried the Soyuz TMA-07M/ISS-33S spacecraft into orbit from the Baikonour space port near Tyuratam, Kazakhstan at 1212GMT on 19 December 2012. Aboard the craft were, the Russian Cosmonaut, Roman Romanenko, Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, and US astronaut Tom Marshburn who were being ferried to the International Space Station (ISS).
The Soyuz TMA-06M spacecraft has docked to the International Space Station (ISS) at 1229 GMT on 25 October. The docking took place at the Poisk docking port. Aboard were mission commander Oleg Novitskiy, flight engineer Evgeny Tarelkin and NASA astronaut Kevin Ford.
SoyuzTMA-22 undocked from ISS at 0818 GMT. Made de-orbit burn at 1049 GMT. The Soyuz TMA-22 capsule re-entered and landed safely in Kazakhstan at 1145 GMT carrying a crew of Dan Burbank, Anton Shkaplerov and Anatoly Ivanishin.
At 1420 GMT on 22 April 2012 the Russian cargo Progress M-015M spacecraft docked automatically to the International Space Station’s Docking Compartment-1 (DC-1) Pirs nadir port, recently vacated by Progress M-014M.
Finally NASA has announced what has been trailled here at Flightglobal.com and Hyperbola for some time, with one twist. rather than the MPLM Raffaello becoming the PMM, it is now the module Leonardo.
Care of Japan’s Fuji tv and space exploration blog Space Gizmo here is a video of Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency astronaut and International Space Station crew member Soichi Noguchi tackling sushi in microgravity
VIDEO: Russia Today provides accelerated Soyuz docking video
Go here for a video about the International Space Station’s new Italian built Node 3 aka Tranquility, which has a “cupola” window. The video includes a simulation of what it would look like to look out of the cupola
Watch this video from the Internatonal Astronautical Congress in Daejeon, Korea where the future of the International Space Station was discussed by the ISS partners
Cookies & Privacy
- Hyperbola space news blog moves to www.seradata.com
- Antares 120 launch vehicle successfully lofts Cygnus cargo craft plus a Flock of Dove satellites (Corrected)
- International Space Station gets new lease of life as ESA eyes Dream Chaser to get there
- Solaris is sold to Echostar as it builds an S-band business
- SpaceX has another commercial flight success with Falcon 9 v1.1 launch of Thaicom-6
- Bill on India’s unmanned Mars mission announcement causes backlash
- ブーツ 超歓迎 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- 超歓迎 靴 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- buy youtube views on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- カナダグース ダウン 検査合格 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama