The mobile communications operator Orbcomm has announced that total revenues for 2012 rose to $64.4 million (from $46.3 million in 2011). Total revenues rose 31% to $49 million. The company made a profit with with profits/iincome upto $8.6 million from zero the previous year. The company is concentrating on its paylaod location telematics and temperature monitoriing systems including StarTrak and its derivatives. To add to this, Orbcomm is to acquire the Mobilenet and GlobalTrak firms to allow Orbcomm to offer end-to-end tracking solutions to clients.
Tag Archives | Orbcomm
The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) has authorised an $87.1 million guarantee of a loan extended by Crédit Agricole and other European lenders to a subsidiary of the Spanish satellite operator, Hispasat for the manufacture of the communications satellite Amazonas 4A. The satellite is to be constructed by the US spacecraft manufacturer Orbital Sciences Corporation and will carry 24 Ku-band transponders. The satellite is expected to be launched in 2014 and will be located over Brazil to provide direct-to-home high-definition television broadcasts to the Americas region.
The Orbcomm OG2-1 communications satellite which was stranded in a lower than planned orbit after the partial failure of the SpaceX Falcon 9 launch on 8 October 2012 invoving an first stage shutdown of one of the nine Merlin 1c engines, has now re-entered the atmosphere on 10 October at around 0619 GMT. The satellite was thought to have been insured to a value of circa $10 million and did not have enough fuel to recover the satellite to its planned operational orbit.
Cookies & Privacy
- Hyperbola space news blog moves to www.seradata.com
- Antares 120 launch vehicle successfully lofts Cygnus cargo craft plus a Flock of Dove satellites (Corrected)
- International Space Station gets new lease of life as ESA eyes Dream Chaser to get there
- Solaris is sold to Echostar as it builds an S-band business
- SpaceX has another commercial flight success with Falcon 9 v1.1 launch of Thaicom-6
- Bill on India’s unmanned Mars mission announcement causes backlash
- ブーツ 超歓迎 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- 超歓迎 靴 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- buy youtube views on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- カナダグース ダウン 検査合格 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama