After the successful flights of an Atlas V 501 carrying the US Air Force X-37B/OTV 1 (FLIGHT 2) minispaceplane and of the Taipodong-3 (Uhna-3) carrying the North Korea’s Kwangmyongsong 3-2 spacecraft there are just three launches left.
Tag Archives | soyuz
At 1815 GMT on 12 October, two Galileo navigation satellites, Galileo 3 and Galileo 4, were successfully launched from the Sinnamary launch site near Kourou, in French Guiana, using the Soyuz ST-B (Fregat MT) launch vehicle. The Soyuz ST-B is a slightly modified Soyuz 2-1b rocket.
The launch of Soyuz TMA-06M on a Soyuz FG rocket has been delayed from 15 October to 23 October after a technical fault resulted in a electronics module change. The flight is to carry astronaut Kevin Ford and and cosmonauts Oleg Novitskiy and Evgeny Tarelkin to the International Space Station. The launch was delayed due to the failure of a switching unit in the descent module which had to be changed..
The Progress M-016M cargo craft was launched on 1 August aboard a Soyuz U flying out of Baikonur Cosmodrome, near Tyuratam, Kazakhstan, at 1935 GMT. The spacecraft then used a faster rendezvous approach method, docking during its fourth orbit rather than the usual 34th orbit. This technique, which has a very narrow launch window lasting only seconds, saves around 45 hours between launch and docking. Progress M-016M docked at Pirs Module of ISS at 0118 GMT on 2 August, less than six hours after launch.
The Soyuz TMA-05M/ISS-31SD manned spacecraft docked with International Space Station’s Rassvet module at 0451 GMT on 17 July 2012.
The Soyuz TMA-04M spacecraft carrying the crew of NASA astronaut Joe Acaba and Russian cosmonauts Gennady Padalka and Sergei Revin successfully docked with the Poisk module of the International Space Station at 0436 GMT on 17/05/2012.
SoyuzTMA-22 undocked from ISS at 0818 GMT. Made de-orbit burn at 1049 GMT. The Soyuz TMA-22 capsule re-entered and landed safely in Kazakhstan at 1145 GMT carrying a crew of Dan Burbank, Anton Shkaplerov and Anatoly Ivanishin.
Russia Today reports about the International Space Station’s 23rd Expedition crew’s prepare for April Soyuz TMA-18 launch to the outpost
VIDEO: Russia Today provides accelerated Soyuz docking video
The head of the Russian Federal Space Agency aka Roscosmos, Anatoly Perminov, was interviewed by the Voice of Russia radio station today. You can read about the interview in English here at the radio station’s website. The station also reports two problems with NASA’s Space Shuttle Endeavour and the launch of Bolivia’s space agency – beating the UK to the punch
Cookies & Privacy
- Hyperbola space news blog moves to www.seradata.com
- Antares 120 launch vehicle successfully lofts Cygnus cargo craft plus a Flock of Dove satellites (Corrected)
- International Space Station gets new lease of life as ESA eyes Dream Chaser to get there
- Solaris is sold to Echostar as it builds an S-band business
- SpaceX has another commercial flight success with Falcon 9 v1.1 launch of Thaicom-6
- Bill on India’s unmanned Mars mission announcement causes backlash
- ブーツ 超歓迎 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- 超歓迎 靴 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- buy youtube views on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama
- カナダグース ダウン 検査合格 on Expect Augustine’s options to be ignored by Obama