Both pilots and all four cabin crew on this brand-new Germanwings Airbus A319 began feeling “sleepy and unwell” after only a few minutes of flight, according to the report from the Irish Air Accident Investigation Unit. Donning oxygen masks provided almost instant relief from the symptoms. The purser, the first to act on her awareness of what […]
Archive | July, 2010
Having voiced concerns about the effect on pilot competence of high levels of automation, I am about to sing the praises of even more automation that Airbus is testing for its A350XWB, which is due in service in 2013. I was sitting with experimental test pilot Peter Chapman in a simulator which Airbus calls ”A350 aircraft minus […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Grubbie on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Prasanta Chattopadhyay on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Rajnikant on Why MH370 probably won’t be found
- Michel Masson on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Wayne on Lateral thinking for simulators