The world’s biggest aviation club, the US Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, has just released a study that reveals about 80% of student pilots drop out of instruction without a single certificate, even a private pilots licence. AOPA wants to know why. Money’s an obvious factor, but the study by pollster APCO Insight looked at whether […]
Archive | February, 2011
Four serious accidents involving world-class airlines in the last three years have provided the world with a reminder of why pilots occupy the front office in machines that could easily be entirely directed by computers. These four flights had a total of 1,059 souls on board. But all those souls are alive today because their pilots had first class training which went well beyond […]
Cookies & Privacy
- Stuart Buchanan on Lessons from MH17
- Grubbie on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Prasanta Chattopadhyay on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?
- Rajnikant on Why MH370 probably won’t be found
- Michel Masson on Where’s the safety incentive when accidents don’t happen?